With the excitement of a new year comes the notion of starting over fresh. Just because you are excited for 2016, doesn’t mean you are always inspired to take on all of your latest endeavors.
When you have a case of the Monday blues, refer to these 8 motivational tips to keep you moving forward with positive energy.
- “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” – Ayn Rand
Compete with yourself, not others. Being competitive can be a positive trait if it pushes you to do your best work. However, competing to gain more recognition reflects a negative attitude. Don’t drain your energy trying to be better than someone else – concentrate on mastering your own strengths and allowing them to open up new opportunities for you to flourish.
- “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
Never fail to appreciate all you have accomplished thus far in life. Acknowledge your success and believe in yourself. Hard work and determination always pays off. Should circumstances turn against you, take satisfaction in knowing you did your very best, and try again.
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred Devito
View challenges, personally and professionally, as an opportunity for growth. Every accomplishment in life starts with the decision to try and results in gaining a new perspective.
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
Wandering through your life without a purpose is a huge waste of time. Have the courage to follow your heart and create your destiny. Refuse to feel selfish for chasing what you value most in life. Know what you want and never stop aiming in that direction.
- “Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” – J.M. Barrie
Don’t wait until you are older to start appreciating life. Live in the moment. Wake up every day with the goal to be better than you were yesterday. Life without joy is empty and hollow. Radiate sunshine, share smiles, love unconditionally, and adopt an optimistic mindset to keep you motivated.
- “Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself.” – Edmund Lee
It is important to choose your mentors wisely, as they can be part of life’s most cherished gifts. Find a person you respect and look up to; someone who inspires you to succeed and is willing to stand by you in the process.
- “I have no special talents; I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
Perhaps the most valuable trait of all is curiosity. It builds hope, promotes optimism, inspires new inventions, nurtures intelligence, and drives progress. Embrace the power of curiosity and dwell in the rewards it brings.
- “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
Above all, be genuine. Dare to be different and ignore labels that society tries to place on us. Don’t mold yourself in accordance to someone else’s beliefs. Be yourself and follow your own set of rules. Dance to the beat of your own drum. The world is already full of deceit and artificial people. Those who are honest and unique are the ones who leave their mark on this world.