The new year brings many opportunities to end bad habits during work. Most companies set goals at the beginning of every year, shooting for better numbers, higher quality products, and so on… It takes a good work ethic and a lot of work to meet those goals but there are some little things you can do to help productivity, and enhance the work environment. Here’s a list of 10 workplace habits that need to end in 2016:
1. PRETENDING TO WORK IS LYING
Lying to your boss, lying to your team, and lying to yourself… Don’t lie to yourself.
2. DON’T EXPECT A COOKIE FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO RIGHT.
You finished everything you were supposed to finish? That’s not raise-worthy. That’s doing your job.
3. AVOID GOSSIPING
About the party you went, about your personal life, and about one another.
4. DON’T LET SMALL TALK TURN INTO A 20-MINUTE CONVERSATION.
Making small is actually great for improving relationships among employees, but do it moderately.
5. FLIRTING WITH CLIENTS
6. FIGHT THE 2:30 FEELING.
There should be no sleeping/napping, or “eye-resting”.
7. IF YOU WANT A DOUGHNUT, TAKE A DOUGHNUT.
This means taking the entire doughnut, don’t leave us a half-doughnut…
8. IF YOU DON’T REMEMBER BUYING THAT PACKET DORITOS, IT’S NOT YOUR PACKET OF DORITOS.
Either refrain yourself, or have the courtesy to ask for permission to consume others’ food.
9. AT NO POINT SHOULD YOU RESPOND RUDELY TO ANY CLIENT.
Not ever. You’re better than that.
10. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SHOW UP TO WORK HUNGOVER.
If you do, there is a high chance of you committing any of the errors above, or worse.
11. AVOID PICKING FAVORITES. ALWAYS HAVE EACH OTHERS’ BACK.
You are part of a team – learn from one another, help one another, encourage one another, and celebrate with one another. Also, Is it beer-thirty yet???